Assistant Site Manager
Closing Date: August 16, 2019
Location: Sites based across the North West region
Benefits: Pension contributions are a minimum of 5.0% (employee) and 6.0% (employer). Seddon Homes will match contributions to a maximum of 7.5%. 4 times salary for death in service. Aviva health care. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. Company Car/Car Allowance.
Hours: Mon – Thur 08.00 – 16.30; Fri 08.00 – 15.30 (30 mins lunch) 39 h/pw
Seddon Homes is part of the Seddon Group, which is a family-owned development, housing and construction business spanning over 120 years and four generations. The company employs over 700 people, including trades and apprentices, with a turnover of £200m across the UK. At the heart of Seddon are its people. Commitment to the safety, development and well-being of its staff has made Seddon the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) Employer of the Year twice. With a wide range of opportunities available, building a career in house building with Seddon could not be easier.
An number of excellent opportunities have arisen for Assistant Site Managers to join our growing housing business across the North West. The principle purpose of the role is to assist the Site Manager with the responsibility for all on-site construction activities, reporting on a regular and routine basis to the Contracts Manager. Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively supporting the Site Manager in their day-to-day activities
- Ensuring construction works are carried out and monitored in accordance with current H&S legislations and company policies
- Effectively supporting the supervision of and manage all contractors and labour force on-site to consistently deliver value to the highest standard of workmanship
- Deliver a 5* product, ensuring customer satisfaction and zero snags at handover stage, promoting a ‘Getting it Right First Time’ approach in everything you do
- Assist with the forward planning of on-site activities to work within programme to meet customer demand, and plan all resources for personnel and materials accordingly
- Ensure the company’s procedures are followed at all times by yourself and others on-site
- Provide ad hoc cover on other sites as and when required
- Be aware of the financial aspects of the contract and assist in the delivery of the project’s profit in line with business requirements
- Regularly liaise with sub-contractors on-site and all other stakeholders in each project
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
Have significant operational experience as an Assistant SM with sufficient presence to command respect.
Have a detailed understanding of the house building process from a technical and managerial perspective.
Possess a good understanding of NHBC, CML & Pride in the job requirements.
Must possess a high level of Health & Safety awareness and relevant competencies/qualifications. Must also have
recent house building experience.
Application with full CV,before closing date of August 16, 2019
to [email protected] quoting job reference - DJM/1319