Posted on April 6th, 2021
April 16, 2021
Salary dependent on experience, with house building experience a preference. Pension contributions are a minimum of 5.0% (employee) and 6.0% (employer). Seddon Homes will match contributions to a maximum of 7.5%. 4 times salary for death in service. Aviva health care. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. Company car or allowance. Benefits noted are for a Full Time role only. Part Time will be pro rata
08.00 – 16.30 Mon – Fri - Part Time role also a possibility
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Buyer to join our growing housing business in Birchwood, Warrington. The principle purpose of the role is to manage the material buying process for our housings schemes, review specification in line with sales team to ensure that our houses are built using high quality materials and to budget. You should be self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to meet strict deadlines. It is essential that you have excellent buyer skills, be a confident communicator with experience in a similar role/environment. Knowledge of Coins would be beneficial, although not essential.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Procure materials / plant / sub-contractors in-line with the build program ensuring materials / plant / sub-contractors are delivered to site in-line with the procurement schedule and site requirements
• Comment / indicate material control measures to predict costs and product waste
• Offer alternative products that may save time and/or money / improve saleability / best value
• Negotiate commercial agreements with suppliers and within the contract allowance
• Value engineer projects and suggest delivery solutions to ensure the project is carried out in the most cost effective manner
• Regular attendance on site to keep abreast of developments and undertake any necessary re-measurement/cost control
• Endeavour to optimise supply chain opportunities and ensure that the appropriate checks are carried out for new members
• Monitor materials / plant costs and usage throughout the length of the contract
• Provide financial information to the Management Team as required to assist in financial planning for the company
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have good analytical skill and the ability to priorities and meet deadlines, able to apply common sense in all situations and recommend areas of improvement, be customer and delivery focused. These should have been achieved within a construction industry. Preference will be given to those familiar with all aspects of the housebuilding industry.
They will be highly organised, familiar with co-ordinating multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive on working to deadlines.
Good communication, proficient with IT (Microsoft packages, Coins, Excel etc.) and a high attention to detail, are skills they will possess, in addition to being self motivated, customer focused, target driven, positive and a team player.
Seddon Homes is part of the Seddon Group, which is a family-owned development, housing and construction business spanning over 120 years and four generations. The company employs over 700 people, including trades and apprentices, with a turnover of £200m across the UK. At the heart of Seddon are its people. Commitment to the safety, development and well being of its staff has made Seddon the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) Employer of the Year twice. With a wide range of opportunities available, building a career in house building with Seddon could not be easier.
Application with full CV,
before closing date of April 16, 2021
to [email protected]
quoting job reference - LK/0221