Posted on June 25th, 2018
Closing Date: July 13, 2018
Location: Warrington Office
Benefits: Salary dependent on experience, with house building experience a preference. Pension contributions are a minimum of 5.0% (employee) and 6.0% (employer). Seddon Homes will match contributions to a maximum of 7.5%. 4 times salary for death in service. Aviva health care. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
Hours: Mon – Fri 08.00 – 16.30 (1 hour Lunch) 37.5 h/pw
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced CAD Technician to join our growing housing business in Birchwood, Warrington.
Working as an integral member of the Technical team you will be required to undertake various duties to produce information for distribution to both internal and external customers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with the co-ordination of proposed site layouts and production of title plans for estate boundary approval
- Production & distribution of plot deed plans
- Production & issue of plot / fence line setting out drawings
- Production of various ancillary drawings to assist the development process — i.e. Sales area layouts, Traffic management plans.
- Assist with & undertake minor amendments to our externally managed housetype portfolio
- Undertake periodic checks of as built survey information against co-ordinated site layouts
- Use of an electronic document control system ensuring timely distribution of information across multiple projects
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a thorough working knowledge of 2D drafting using AutoCad LT
- Previous experience of working within the housebuilding (or an architectural) environment would be advantageous although not essential
- You should be able to demonstrate a methodical approach to dealing with multiple projects working to strict deadlines with particular emphasis on attention to detail.
- You should possess good communication skills and be comfortable working within a team based setting
- You should also be proficient with standard Microsoft Office based products such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Seddon Homes is part of the Seddon Group, which is a family-owned development, housing and construction business spanning over 120 years and four generations. The company employs over 700 people, including trades and apprentices, with a turnover of £200m across the UK. At the heart of Seddon are its people. Commitment to the safety, development and well being of its staff has made Seddon the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) Employer of the Year twice. With a wide range of opportunities available, building a career in house building with Seddon could not be easier.
Application with full CV, before closing date of July 13, 2018 to [email protected] quoting job reference - DJM07/18