Design / Development Manager
Posted on August 17th, 2019
Closing Date: August 30, 2019
Location: Seddon Homes Ltd, Birchwood, Warrington
Benefits: Salary dependent on experience, with recent house building experience. Pension contributions are a minimum of 5.0% (employee) and 6.0% (employer). Seddon Homes will match contributions to a maximum of 7.5%. 4 times salary for death in service. Aviva health care. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. Company Car/Car Allowance.
Hours: Mon – Fri 08.00 – 16.30; (60 mins lunch) 37.5 h/pw
Seddon Homes is a speculative residential housebuilding company and part of the Seddon Group, which is a family-owned development, housing and construction business spanning over 120 years and four generations. The Group employs over 700 people, including trades and apprentices, with a turnover of £200m across the UK. At the heart of Seddon are its people. Commitment to the safety, development and well being of its staff has made Seddon the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) Employer of the Year twice. With a wide range of opportunities available, building a career in house building with Seddon could not be easier.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Design / Development Manager to join our growing housing business in Birchwood, Warrington. The principle purpose of the role is to manage the development delivery process across multiple sites, from land acquisition, through planning, detailed design and approvals to project commencement on site in line with the company’s agreed business plan and targets.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the necessary regulatory approvals needed for the company to achieve the agreed business targets including planning permissions, technical & building regulations approvals.
- Appoint the Development/Design Team of professional consultants as required for each project and plan and manage the delivery of planning applications and pre-construction designs to tender and construction stages within agreed budgetary constraints.
- Support acquisition appraisals with identification of site constraints and abnormal development issues and inform decisions on layout design, product mix, elevation treatments and materials etc.
- Ensure the design solutions are the most commercially viable options whilst maintaining compliance with the required regulations and to suit agreed development programmes
- Ensure the business is current and abreast of the latest emerging technologies and processes
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self motivated with good management and communication skills. You should be commercially and contractually aware and have a thorough knowledge of planning/programming and critical path analysis in relation to site constraints and development delivery sequences. As well as a thorough knowledge and understanding of Land, Planning, Commercial, Engineering and Construction Processes. It is expected that you will have previous relevant experience in a similar role.
You will be highly organised, familiar with co-ordinating multiple projects simultaneously and thrive on working to deadlines
You will be a team player with a positive attitude, good communication skills and a high attention to detail. You will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft, word, excel and Autocad Lt.
Application with full CV,before closing date of August 30, 2019
to [email protected] quoting job reference - DJM/1419