Posted on June 11th, 2018
August 16, 2019
Salary dependent on experience, with house building experience a preference. Pension contributions are a minimum of 5.0% (employee) and 6.0% (employer). Seddon Homes will match contributions to a maximum of 7.5%. 4 times salary for death in service. Aviva health care. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. Company car or allowance.
08.00 – 16.30 Mon – Fri
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Land Buyer to join our growing speculative house building business in Birchwood, Warrington. The principle purpose of the role will be to identify & procure new land/development opportunities, from initial sourcing, arranging contracts through to completion, including financial appraisals, analysis and proposal of selling prices, collating information from sales, technical and commercial teams to establish a clear assessment of viability and formal valuation/offer and negotiation with land owners.
Key responsibilities include Assisting in the below:
- Identification/negotiating land opportunities/purchases
- Manage process fully from preparation and progression of offers through to negotiation and completion
- Financial appraisals as part of land buying process
- Collating and appraising selling prices
- Collating/researching information to assess viability, including planning intelligence, technical information and commercial data
- Maintaining accurate records on Land appraisal system
- Build and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external, including land owners, agents, consultants, local authorities, legal advisors and competitors
- Preparation of reports/land packs etc for meetings
- Chairing meetings, preparing agendas a d minutes for internal and external meetings
- Participating in corporate entertaining/attending events on behalf of the company
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self motivated and have a successful track record of land acquisitions achieved within a similar environment, together with relevant experience, academic and / or professional qualifications Preference will be given to those familiar with all aspects of land purchasing (maximising offers, market research, planning, technical, commercial and estimating disciplines)
You should have a network of land owners and agents and be capable of bringing quality sites to the table
You will be highly organised, familiar with co-coordinating multiple projects simultaneously and thrive on working to deadlines
You will be a team player with a positive attitude, good communication skills and a high attention to detail. You will be expected to be proficient in Microsoft word and excel.
Seddon Homes is part of the Seddon Group, which is a family-owned development, housing and construction business spanning over 120 years and four generations. The company employs over 700 people, including trades and apprentices, with a turnover of £200m across the UK. At the heart of Seddon are its people. Commitment to the safety, development and well being of its staff has made Seddon the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) Employer of the Year twice. With a wide range of opportunities available, building a career in house building with Seddon could not be easier.
Application with full CV,
before closing date of August 16, 2019
to [email protected]
quoting job reference - DJM/1119