Posted on December 4th, 2019
Closing Date: December 20, 2019
Location: Warrington Office
Benefits: Pension contributions are a minimum of 5.0% (employee) and 6.0% (employer). Seddon Homes will match contributions to a maximum of 7.5%. 4 times salary for death in service. Aviva health care. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. Company car or allowance.
Hours: 08.00 – 16.30 Mon – Fri. .
The purpose of the role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our growing housing business in Birchwood, Warrington. The principle purpose of the role is to provide effective commercial management and control of projects, and to administer these in line with the applicable contract terms/statutory legislation. The role will be varied and deadline driven, so excellent prioritisation and organisational skills are essential. It is essential that you are a confident communicator, proficient with Microsoft packages, with ideally experience in a similar role/environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Commercial management of projects to ensure they are completed within budget
- Create systems and processes, allowing effective measurement of commercial performance
- Provide accurate, real time, monthly reports (Cost Value Reconciliations) and final outcome forecasts
- Carry out tender analysis, sub-contractor procurement including management and payment of sub-contractor accounts
- Attend and provide cost input at design team meetings and agree strategies to deliver the project
- Value engineer projects and suggest delivery solutions to ensure cost effective project delivery
- Provide financial information to the team as required to assist in financial planning
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record within the house building industry. They must be highly organised, familiar with co-ordinating multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive on working to deadlines
Excellent communication skills, proficient with IT and a high attention to detail, are qualities they will possess, in addition to being self motivated, professional, positive and a team player
- Thorough understanding of quantity surveying in the house building industry
- Thorough understanding of financial reporting, contractual terms and conditions and statutory requirements
- Good analytical skills and the ability to apply common sense in all situations
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Customer and delivery focused
- Full driving licence essential
Seddon Homes is part of the Seddon Group, which is a family-owned development, housing and construction business spanning over 115 years and five generations. The company employs 900 people, including trades and apprentices, with a turnover of £200m across the UK. At the heart of Seddon are its people. Commitment to the safety, development and well being of its staff has made Seddon the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) Employer of the Year twice. With a wide range of opportunities available, building a career in house building with Seddon could not be easier.
Application with full CV,before closing date of December 20, 2019
to [email protected] quoting job reference - DJM/2219