Technical Co ordinator
Posted on February 2nd, 2021
Closing Date: February 12, 2021
Location: Seddon Homes Ltd, Birchwood, Warrington
Benefits: Salary dependent on experience, with recent house building experience. Pension contributions are a minimum of 5.0% (employee) and 6.0% (employer). Seddon Homes will match contributions to a maximum of 7.5%. 4 times salary for death in service. Aviva health care. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
Hours: Mon – Fri 08.00 – 16.30; (60 mins lunch) 37.5 h/pw
Seddon Homes is part of the Seddon Group, which is a family-owned development, housing and construction business spanning over 120 years and four generations. The company employs over 700 people, including trades and apprentices, with a turnover of £200m across the UK. At the heart of Seddon are its people. Commitment to the safety, development and well-being of its staff has made Seddon the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) Employer of the Year twice. With a wide range of opportunities available, building a career in house building with Seddon could not be easier.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Technical Co ordinator to join our growing housing business in Birchwood, Warrington. The principle purpose of the role is to enable the effective management of the development delivery process across multiple sites, from land acquisition, through planning, detailed design and approvals to project commencement on site. You will manage the provision of planning and technical information from initial feasibility through to planning submission, detailed design, tender and construction stages’. Ensuring the timely delivery of key stage information to internal and external clients.
The role will be varied and deadline driven, so excellent prioritisation and organisational skills are essential. It is essential that you are a confident communicator, proficient with Microsoft packages, and AUTOCAD LT, with ideally experience in a similar role/environment
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with the co-ordination all types of planning applications including outline, full detailed, NMAs, DISCs, S80/81s etc.
- Check validation requirements and monitor the progress of submitted applications and actions from consultee responses
- Track and monitor discharge of pre-commencement planning conditions, providing updates as necessary for presentation at site meetings
- Assist with negotiations on S106 Planning Agreements
- Assist with the co-ordination of external consultants, obtaining fee quotes/proposals, acceptance and payment tracking of fee stages.
- File and maintain fee invoice records for use at site purchase stage
- Preparation of information for internal and external planning meetings, pre-apps, internal sign-off meetings etc.
- Assist with organising public consultation events as required
- Assist with site layout designs, product mix and viability options
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the company’s housetype portfolio
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Good people management and communication skills, with a good understanding of the planning system and of current Building Regs
- An understanding of the technical constraints to layouts
- Creative Design ideas with a good attention to detail ,Commercially and contractually aware
- Well organised and a methodical approach
Application with full CV, before closing date of February 12, 2021 to [email protected] quoting job reference - DJM/0121