Blog

Seddon Blog

New developments offer first time buyers crucial first steps onto the property ladder

Posted on September 5th, 2011

Developer Seddon Homes is helping first time buyers take their first steps on the property ladder by offering two, three and four bedroom contemporary homes for sale at discounted rates.

Homes on developments in two popular Cheshire towns, Frodsham and Runcorn are being offered at prices from just £115,000.

Id4living — an arm of Seddon Homes — has just unveiled a view home at Mosiac, a high spec town centre development in Runcorn where prices have been kept as low as possible.

Under its ‘Springboard’ shared equity scheme, potential buyers will be able to own the full 100 per cent of their home, while paying only 85 per cent of the market price. The remaining 15 per cent will be financed by a ten-year interest-free loan from id4living.

In addition, buyers will only have to provide a deposit of five per cent of the price, much less than under some of id4living’s competitors’ schemes.

In Frodsham a development of two and three bedroom contemporary homes are being offered to first time buyers at 90 per cent of their market value. A two-bedroom property valued at £130,000 by an independent valuer is available for £117,000 and a three-bedroom property valued at £145,000 is selling for £130,000.

The innovative decision to knock ten per cent off the market price was part of the deal to bring much-needed new homes to the area to help people buy their first home.

The homes at Overton Green are already providing a hit with local buyers, with five pre-reserved before the show home had been unveiled.

Seddon Homes sales and marketing director, Denis Maddock, said: “Many people are still feeling the pinch following the economic downturn. Id4living recognises that the purse strings of first time buyers are tight. This is one way of making home ownership a more realistic proposition as opposed to renting.

“The new homes in Runcorn and Frodsham are stylish, light and spacious. They are architecturally designed and structurally built to a high specification, including quality kitchens and bathrooms.”

In Runcorn the development of ten homes is off Brackendale, Halton Brook, within walking distance of the town centre. The three and four bedroom homes start from as low as £115,000.

Overton Green in Frodsham is off Ashton Drive and comprises two and three bedroom semi-detached homes, built in a courtyard cluster around a central village area. Prices start from just £117,000.

For more information on other Seddon Homes developments in the region, please access www.seddonhomes.co.uk

Blog page
back to top