Kick start your 2017 with these interior design trendsPosted on December 29th, 2016
2017 is here, and with it the chance to make drastic changes to your lifestyle. Are you going to stop drinking for January? Give up chocolate? Maybe you’re going to start saving for your new home – (by the way, if you are we have a great blog on how to save for your first home here)!
But, if you already own your home, maybe you want to update your interior? We have scoured the forums, blogs and social sites to bring to you our favourite 5 interior design trends for 2017.
1) Our first favourite comes from Business Insider UK, hexagonal tiles. Whilst the traditional subway tile looks great, a modern twist on this is using interlocking hexagonal tiles. Whether you use them just as a splash back behind the hob or use them on a full wall, this can really give your kitchen a chic, sophisticated look this year.
2) Our second trend comes from Domain and it is a stalwart in making your home feel warmer (which, in the bleak conditions the UK is renowned for, is always a good thing!) Terracotta folks, that’s what we’re liking and that’s what you should be considering. Whether you use it to highlight other colours such as whites, browns and greys or go all out and have a statement wall, this colour will add warmth and style to your home in 2017.
3) Elle DÃ©cor are a great source of inspiration if you need it in 2017. We’ve picked their trend of mixed patterns to include in this blog. Whether it’s paisley and stripes or spots and swirls, mix up your patterns and say goodbye to your plain pieces. You can also now go back to anyone who’s said that “you need to match patterns” or “that doesn’t go” and just say “I told you so!
4) House Beautiful are pushing something for 2017 which we think you will either love or hate. Marble wallpaper. Many sources are claiming that faux finishes such as wallpaper that looks like wood or marble are going to be a huge hit in 2017 and we couldn’t agree more! It works amazingly well with our final design trend for 2017 which is solid greens!
5) Yes, green is our final design trend of 2017 which you should be following and it can be absolutely stunning if used correctly. Green is an exceptional colour as it has a range of shades and compliments different colours! Whether you have it in the bedroom or lounge, as a standalone wall or highlighting the accents of the room, as a 3 piece suite or just an arm chair, green is your new best friend in 2017.
So, there you have it, our top 5 design picks for 2017! We hope you’ve had a great Christmas and wish all of you a very happy New Year. Please note that our sales offices are shut until 10am on Thursday 5th January, apart from Waterside in Belmont which reopens on Thursday 12th January.Blog page Older Posts Newer Posts