Posted on June 11th, 2018
Closing Date: June 29, 2018
Location: Warrington Office
Benefits: Salary dependent on experience, with house building experience a preference. Pension contributions are a minimum of 5.0% (employee) and 6.0% (employer). Seddon Homes will match contributions to a maximum of 7.5%. 4 times salary for death in service. Aviva health care. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
Hours: 08.30 – 17.00 Mon – Fri
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Construction Administrator to join our growing housing business in Birchwood, Warrington. The principle purpose of the role is varied and deadline driven, so excellent prioritisation and organisational skills are essential. The role will also involve an amount of HR administration support. You should be self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to meet strict deadlines. It is essential that you are a confident communicator, proficient with Microsoft packages, with a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role/environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Administration support for the Construction Manager/Team & P.A. to Directors as and when required
- Assist in preparation & monitoring of H&S documentation & information for all sites
- Preparation and updating of Procedure Manuals and Site Set up paperwork
- Monitor site visits for Vacant Sites, including all pre entry paper work
- Book & record training for all site staff & liaising with Seddon Construction training dept.
- Record Accident Reports for all sites
- Wage collation and absence report for weekly site operatives
- Preparing of Management Reports
- Taking and preparing meeting minutes, diary management, and all round general administrative duties
- Logging of RI’s and management of NHBC portal
- The Single point of Contact for the Construction Department
- Provide backup administrative support during colleagues’ absence
- Ensuring confidentiality and discretion in all aspects of the role
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of working in a construction related environment within a house building/construction industry. They should have a good knowledge of housebuilding, and be able to work with the sales, site and customer care teams.
You will be highly organised, familiar with co-ordinating multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive on working to deadlines.
Good communication, proficient with IT (Microsoft packages, Coins, A-Site, Excel etc.) and a high attention to detail, are skills you will possess, in addition to being self motivated, customer focused, target driven, positive and a team player.
Seddon Homes is part of the Seddon Group, which is a family-owned development, housing and construction business spanning over 120 years and four generations. The company employs over 700 people, including trades and apprentices, with a turnover of £200m across the UK. At the heart of Seddon are its people. Commitment to the safety, development and well being of its staff has made Seddon the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) Employer of the Year twice. With a wide range of opportunities available, building a career in house building with Seddon could not be easier.
Application with full CV,before closing date of June 29, 2018 to [email protected] quoting job reference - DJM06/18