Posted on October 8th, 2019
October 25, 2019
Seddon Homes Ltd, Birchwood, Warrington
Salary dependent on experience, with recent house building experience. Pension contributions are a minimum of 5.0% (employee) and 6.0% (employer). Seddon Homes will match contributions to a maximum of 7.5%. 4 times salary for death in service. Aviva health care. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. Company Car/Car Allowance.
Mon – Fri 08.00 – 16.30; (60 mins lunch) 37.5 h/pw
Seddon Homes is a speculative residential housebuilding company and part of the Seddon Group, which is a family-owned development, housing and construction business spanning over 120 years and four generations. The Group employs over 700 people, including trades and apprentices, with a turnover of £200m across the UK. At the heart of Seddon are its people. Commitment to the safety, development and well being of its staff has made Seddon the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) Employer of the Year twice. With a wide range of opportunities available, building a career in house building with Seddon could not be easier.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our growing housing business in Birchwood, Warrington. The principle purpose of the role is to lead and manage engineering aspects of the company, providing direct line management services to the current Engineering team . You will manage the development delivery process from land acquisition, through planning, detailed design and approvals to project commencement on site in line with the company’s business plan and targets. You will over see the provision of engineering support to each project from initial feasibility through construction to final completion and adoption/handover.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To facilitate the necessary regulatory approvals needed for the company to achieve its delivery targets including, Building Regulations, Highways, Water & Sewerage Companies, Environment Agency, Warranties and the discharge of relevant Engineering related Planning Conditions.
- In conjunction with the Technical Manager, oversee the appointment of the Development/Design Team of professional consultants as required for each project and plan and manage the delivery of information to support Planning Applications, Tender and Construction stages of each project. Assist in the management of department workloads and budgets to ensure delivery of information as required at each key development stage.
- Provide support to the land team during the acquisition process, providing input into appraisals with identification of site constraints and abnormal development issues to inform decisions on layout design, potential constraints to development and potential risk.
- Manage the company’s current NHBC bonding facility, ensuring the timely adoption of completed developments. In addition, in accordance with the company business proposals, actively manage the company’s future bonding requirements.
- Ensure that design solutions are the most commercially viable options whilst maintaining compliance with the required regulations and to suit the development programme
- Manage the current Engineering team in the day to day and medium term delivery of information.
- Deputise in the day to day management of other members of the Technical team in the absence of the Technical Manager.
- Oversee and manage the setting up and handover of developments to appropriate management companies where required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Good people management and communication skills, with a well organised and a methodical approach and a particular eye for detail
- A detailed knowledge of current Engineering standards and best practice together with good working relationships with external bodies (i.e NHBC, Highway Authorities, Water & Sewerage Companies)
- Demonstrate good commercial and contractual awareness.
- Thorough knowledge of programming and critical path analysis in relation to site constraints and development delivery sequences and identification of construction abnormals and site constraints to minimise risk to the business at all stages in the development process
- Ability to forward plan and identify potential problems to enable timely solutions are put in place
- Able to manage multiple projects streams at varying stages of progress and prioritise tasks to meet the needs of each project
- IT proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook and Autocad LT
- Promotes a professional image with external parties
- Self motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record within the house building industry, ideally possessing previous in-house Engineering design and / or project management skills. They must be highly organised, familiar with co-ordinating multiple tasks simultaneously whilst ensuring the delivery of information to internal and external clients in accordance with defined timescales. They will demonstrate excellent communication skills, and ideally have an understanding of the Planning process to enable effective programming of projects. They will be self motivated, professional, positive and a team player.
Application with full CV,
before closing date of October 25, 2019
to [email protected]
quoting job reference - DJM/1619