Posted on December 4th, 2019
Closing Date: December 20, 2019
Location: Birchwood, Warrington
Benefits: Pension contributions are a minimum of 5.0% (employee) and 6.0% (employer). Seddon Homes will match contributions to a maximum of 7.5%. 4 times salary for death in service. Aviva health care.
25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
Hours: Mon – Fri 08.00 – 16.30 37.5 h/pw
Seddon Homes is a speculative residential housing company and part of the Seddon Group, which is a family-owned development, housing and construction business spanning over 120 years and four generations. The Group employs over 700 people, including trades and apprentices, with a turnover of £200m across the UK. At the heart of Seddon are its people. Commitment to the safety, development and well being of its staff has made Seddon the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) Employer of the Year twice. With a wide range of opportunities available, building a career in house building with Seddon could not be easier.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join our growing housing business in Birchwood, Warrington. The principle purpose of the role is to assist the Finance Director to perform all financial functions of the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- To over see & assist where required the Accounts Assistant in the day-to-day posting of Cash Book, Purchase Ledger & Sales Receipts on TAS Book Accounting Systems
- Reconciliation of costing information from COINS system to TAS Books and monitor spend against development budgets. Monthly land & build plot cost allocations
- Prepare accurate & timely financial information including detailed quarterly accounts in a statutory format for inclusion in Board Packs. Monitor monthly results & reports including comparison against budget & prior months
- Providing meaningful financial analysis enabling decision makers to take timely and informed business decisions
- Manage, control & reconcile balance sheet accounts, particularly the inter-company recharges and ensuring the correct treatment of vat
- Ensure that creditor payments have been processed regularly, (the majority by BACS) and that invoices have been signed off in the correct manner & in accordance with the appropriate rules
- Ensure reconciliation of cash collections from sales is done in a timely manner, liaising with conveyancing solicitors to ensure cash receipts are reconciled to completion statements
- The preparation & timely submission of all corporate tax returns including VAT & corporate tax
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Have extensive experience of all accounting functions, AAT Level 3 Qualified standard as a minimum
- High level of analytical and numerical skills, with good communication skills at all levels
- Experience of analysing information, dealing with complex issues, data entry, accounting & attention to detail
- Strong IT skills particularly the use & formulation of complex Excel spreadsheets/pivot tables & Microsoft Office skills to collate various types of management reports. Knowledge of TAS books and Coins preferred but not essential as training will be given
Application with full CV,before closing date of December 20, 2019
to [email protected] quoting job reference - DJM/2119